Background

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Fuzzy Green Monster

Hey Ladies!!
I have another delayed post for you.  This week I'm posting pictures of a mani I did around mid-May.  It's very neonish!

Now the pictures for this manicure aren't that great, but I blame it on the glitter.  I started off with a very light shade of mint green.  Brucci has a beautiful shade called Pistachio creme that reminds me of ice cream (ha! yes I just made a rhyme :p).  The formula - as all Brucci polishes -- was absolutely wonderful!  It went on very smoothly and I only needed about two coats.
Sheri's Pistachio Creme by Brucci
I then added a layer of Piggy Polish's - Garden Galaxy glitter.   I bought it at Ulta for about $3 something.  It has now become my new favorite glitter.  The little sticks are green but the glitter is almost iridescent, so it really is like a rainbow in the sunlight.  It's a shame I wasn't able to snap any pictures of that in action.  I highly recommend if you are looking for a green glitter that is different from what is out there.
Garden Galaxy by Piggy Polish
Overall the mint green with the bright glitter polish created what I call a fuzzy effect.  The color became a bit neonish too.   I liked it a lot and it reminded me of Sally Hansen's new "fuzzy coat" polish, which is really just different color bar glitter in a bottle. 
Can you see the glitter?  I found that one coat was enough to cover your whole nail.  I would probably use this again with a different color to create contrast and see how the "fuzzy" effect turns out. 
Let me know your thoughts!  I've been getting a lot of clicks later (which is fabulous!) but not any comments.  It would be great if everyone would drop a quick line...positive or negative!  
Until next time - Happy Sunday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment